Creating a menu for your business can be hard enough to organise for the kitchen & your team, let alone having to worry about uploading the same menu multiple times into POS & then into other systems.
Good news though, as we at Mobi2Go understand that the doing the same thing over & over again is the definition of insanity. To save you from insanity, we have made your life easier by providing the ability to import your menu from POS, into Mobi2Go. This means less time fiddling with menus & more time tending to your customers.
POS dispatchers are setup at a Store level, not via a Head Office level. However to Import a Menu you will need to do so via Head Office level, as menu changes can only be completed at the Head Office level. If you are at a Store location & need a Menu Import, please contact your Company Administrator or feel free to contact our Support team.
There are two main reasons you will need to import your menu into Mobi2Go.
- Initial menu load - when you first create & set up your store
- Menu changes/updates - Changes in the POS menu will then need to be updated to your online menu
There are several ways to import a menu in Mobi2Go, depending on your POS configuration.
- CSV file - If your menu is outlined in CSV format (and you don't have a POS), you can import via a CSV file
- POS - see below for details
Ensuring your menu is up to date & matches in both POS & Mobi2Go, is key to ensuring the success rate of your orders remains at a high level. Having mismatched PLUs, pricing or item availability in POS vs. Mobi2Go, are some of the main reasons why orders fail which results in a bad customer experience.
Import your Menu
- From the Head Office Dashboard click MENU from the grey navigational pane
- In the Menu Editor, locate & click on the Go to Menu Importer hyperlink (to the right-hand side)
- This will take you to the Menu Importer page
- To the right of the heading Source, click on the drop-down menu that says JSON/CSV to reveal other import options
- Select POS System from the drop-down
- The view below will change. Under Source, click on Select Location to reveal all of the stores within the company/head office that have the POS Import ability
- Select the Store from the drop-down menu, that you will be importing the menu from
- Click Import From POS. Depending on the number of items this may take a while
- Once the initial Import is finished you will see a list of Menus, Categories, Modifier Groups, Products & Modifiers
- At this point you can manually un-flag items you do not want to import for your online ordering menu
- Once you're happy with the list, click the IMPORT button at the bottom of the page to submit the changes. (Again, depending on the number of items this may take awhile.)
- Once the menu has finished importing, a message will display providing a summary of what was imported & how many of those items were imported
- This will create a menu called WizBang (which can be changed later)
If you have multiple store locations with different menus, please ensure you select the correct location from the drop-down menu.
Set the Menu for your Store
- Log into your Mobi2Go store account
- From the Store Dashboard click SETTINGS from the grey navigational pane
- On the Settings page locate General settings
- Next to the General settings heading, click EDIT
- In General Settings under the Store information heading, locate Menus
- Select/highlight the correct menu(s) that you would like to use
- At the bottom of the page, click SAVE to submit your changes
- To disregard any changes made, click CANCEL
If the video is blurry when maximised, please click on the cog icon & then click on 720p or 1080p to change the resolution from Auto to 720p/1080p. Give it a few seconds & the video will clear up.
To select multiple menus (e.g. Lunch menu & Dinner menu) hold CTRL for Windows (CMD for Mac) & click the other menu(s) that you would like to make active. Multiple menus will be highlighted. Click SAVE to submit the changes, making multiple menus active on your storefront.