1. Switch the device on
2. When the device is activated for the first time it will guide you through the setup process.
3. Connect to the internet - choose your network and enter your password
4. Once connected the device will attempt to check for updates - if an update is available it will automatically download it and ask for you to install.
5. Setup is complete, the device will no longer guide you when you switch it on
6. Take orders
- Sign in with an api key or your Mobi2Go admin email and its corresponding password. If you have successfully logged in previously, the email and password fields will be filled automatically.
- If you have more than one store location you will be prompted to select the stores you would like to take orders from.
- Once you have selected your stores, click the next button
- The console will appear and you are now receiving orders!
THE PRINTER CONSOLE
The printer console allows you set wait times for orders and to view some basic statistics on sales for the current day. Error information is displayed in the lower portion of the console.
Q: How do I access the Printer settings?
A: Click on the options menu located on the top right hand corner of the screen. Here you will find options for setting the volume, managing wifi connection, changing store location (if applicable) and adjusting the volume of receipts printed.
Q: How do I connect to a different wifi network?
A: Navigate to the printer settings as mentioned above. Tap on the Wifi settings option to select it. This will bring up a dialog allowing you to select a new wifi network and enter the password.
Q:Can I print more than one copy of the order?
A:To print more than one order receipt you need to access the options menu. Once here, tap on Device settings. From within the device settings, select the entry marked ‘printing 1 copy per order’ ( the text may be different if you have previously set a copy amount). A dialog will appear allowing you to choose the number of copies to print (Maximum of 5). Select the number of copies you would like to print. Press the OK button. Press the Back arrow in the top left hand corner to exit the settings screen.
Q: Why does my printer keep saying it is offline?
A: This means that Mobi2Go is having trouble connecting to your printer. Could you please ensure you are using a reliable internet connection? If you are still having difficulties, you may need to talk to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) about improving your network.
If you are using WiFi connection, you can improve the reliability by connecting the printer directly to the modem/router via Ethernet cable.
Please ensure the printer has not been switched off. If the printer is on, check that you are correctly logged on.
Q: How do I log in with my Mobi2Go API key?
A: Below the login entry is a text button titled ‘have an API key?’. Tap this button to produce a view that accepts a Mobi2Go API key. Enter your Mobi2Go API key and press the login button. Don’t know your API key? Log into your store on the Mobi2Go console and navigate to the settings page. Scroll to the bottom of the page. The API Key for your store should be located just above the Administration Settings section.
Q: My printer won’t stop beeping, help!?
A: The printer beeps if it is either out of paper or the lid has not been closed properly. Check that you have not ran out of paper and that the lid is fully clasped.
Q: Why doesn’t my printer look like the pictures in this guide?
A: This guide is for the most recent version of the Mobi2Go printer software. To check your version you need to access the options menu and navigate to Device Settings. If you are on version 7 or above you can trigger the update manually. If not, you will need to restart the printer by switching it off and then on again. To trigger the update manually, from within the device settings, select the entry marked ‘check for updates’. If there is an update available it will automatically download and prompt you to install.
Q: Why are orders being confirmed but not printing?
A: This can be caused by 3 events:
- The printer paper is not inserted correctly. You might need to turn the paper around so the paper feeds from the top.
- The store has not been set to receive orders to the Printer. This can be checked by logging into your store on the Mobi2Go Console. In the Settings page, scroll down to the Incoming Orders section. Click on the edit button and ensure your store set to receive orders via the Mobi2Go Printer.
- Orders can be set to print immediately or scheduled to print before they are due. For example, if your store has a 15 minute wait time and an order for 4:00PM is placed at 10:00AM that morning, the order will print at 3:45PM if orders have been scheduled to print before they are due. Please ensure you have the correct print option enabled for your store.