At WWDC in 2017, Apple announced some major changes to how they are managing their App Store. The background is that Apple have been struggling under the weight of millions of apps for years. It’s become harder and harder to find apps in the app store.
Apple has significantly changed the app submission process over the last 6 months which means the client will have to create their own iOS and Google Play Developer accounts.
Detailed information on the changes to the process and reason why is outlined here: http://blog.mobi2go.com/future-restaurant-apps/
HOW DO I GET AN APP?
if you would still like an app to be developed, please follow the instructions below (pricing info attached too):
Apple Developer account:
There is an annual fee of $99USD to enrol
1) If you don't already have an Apple ID, create an Apple ID account. Link here.
2) The following link outlines the information you'll need to collect to enrol. Link here.
3) Once you've captured the information, login with your Apple ID to begin the process. Link here.
4) Sign up to the Apple Developer Program Enrolment.
5) Give "firstname.lastname@example.org" access to your account
Google Play Developer account:
There is a one off registration fee of $25 USD.
1) If you don't already have a Google account, create one. Link here.
2) The following link outlines the information you'll need to sign up. Link here.
3) Sign up and complete registration for a Google Play developer account. Link here.
4) Advise Mobi2Go once completed
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
It is important to understand the app is a copy of your storefront which is downloadable from both the iOS and Android app stores.
If you would like to see what your app will look like, click here on your store front:
If you are into design, please feel free to email through a copy of your app icon and splash screen.
Any changes to your store front will automatically update on your app. Please note the you will not be able to change your store name or the screen shots which are used for your app examples. So please ensure you are happy with your design before submitting it.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- App Name
- Head Office ID
- High resolution logo / brand guidelines for Android app development
- Any social media links for app development (i.e. Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Region(s) for distribution
HOW LONG DOES THE APP PROCESS TAKE?
Your app will usually take about 3 - 4 weeks to be processed. Once it is ready, you will be notified.
If you have any queries about your app, please contact your Onboarding person or the Mobi2Go support team.