At WWDC in 2017, Apple announced some major changes to how they are managing their App Store. The background is that Apple have been struggling under the weight of millions of apps for years. It’s become harder and harder to find apps in the app store.
The great news is as of January 2018. Apple revised their stance on white labelled apps and are now more lenient, provided that a restaurant publishes the app to their own app store account. Mobi2Go is therefore still in the business of making apps for your restaurant.
HOW DO I GET AN APP?
- Apple iOS: Sign up to The Apple Developer Program, the annual fee is 99 USD.
- Give our firstname.lastname@example.org account access to upload to that account.
- We'll transfer your app into your iTunes account, and can update it from there.
- Android: Sign up as a Google Play Developer, there is a $25 USD one-time registration fee.
- The update process is longer now, so updates cost $499 each per head office (both platforms).
- We're ready to support the iPhone X.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
It is important to understand the app is a copy of your storefront which is downloadable from both the iOS and Android app stores.
If you would like to see what your app will look like, click here on your store front:
If you are into design, please feel free to email through a copy of your app icon and splash screen.
Any changes to your store front will automatically update on your app. Please note the you will not be able to change your store name or the screen shots which are used for your app examples. So please ensure you are happy with your design before submitting it.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- App Name
- Head Office ID
- High resolution logo / brand guidelines for Android app development
- Any social media links for app development (i.e. Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Region(s) for distribution
HOW LONG DOES THE APP PROCESS TAKE?
Your app will usually take about 10 working days to be processed. Once it is ready, you will be notified.
If you have any queries about your app, please contact your Onboarding person or the Mobi2Go support team.