"Ch-ch-changes. Ooh, look out you rock 'n' rollers." - David Bowie, circa 1971.
Whether you have acquired a business that uses Mobi2Go for online ordering, or whether you are selling your business to another owner, there are responsibilities that you must complete, in order to correctly transition the business to the new ownership.
Making these changes in Mobi2Go as an incoming owner or outgoing owner, can be broken down into 3 main topics, that will ensure any billing information including billing details, tax details, user information or linked accounts (e.g. Payment gateways) are updated.
The onus is on you - the owner. If information is not updated to the correct owner then payouts, disbursements, charges etc. will be against the wrong owner & their trading information. It is imperative that both owners work together through this process.
- Firstly, as the new owner you will need an account to log in to Mobi2Go - if you do not have one already. If you do not have one, you may need to get your Head Office or the previous owner to send you an invite to access the store
- Once your account has been activated, log in to Mobi2Go. If you need help logging in, please refer to this article
Once you've logged in to your Mobi2Go Admin Dashboard, you'll need to make sure the information for the store have been updated correctly.
In Mobi2Go, there are 3 areas you will need to update for ownership changes:
- Billing - remove previous owner's billing details, add new payment details & set the date for when the ownership change will occur
- Payment Gateway - If accepting online payments, remove existing Payment gateway details by getting the new owner to add their Payment gateway details; (e.g. get them to sign up for a new Mobi2Go Payments account.)
- Store Settings - Review the assigned menu, current trading hours, confirmation email recipients & user access. Remove the previous owner's access & any other contact details pertaining to the old owner
These settings are set at a store level so if you have access to multiple locations, you will need to click on a store first to get to the Store overview page & then access the Settings page.
Billing can be sorted in 2 ways: you can pay your subscription via Direct Debit (for Australia and New Zealand only) or via Credit card (all countries).
Ensure to set next billing date to first day of ownership. If there will be overlap, the owner's can discuss.
- To add/update your Billing details, please refer to this article.
Account details you will need to update:
- Billing details
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Tax details ( Trading name and Tax number )
If you want to change your Billing method, you have access/the power to do so. If you want to change the frequency of how you are billed (monthly vs. annually) you'll need to contact our Support team.
3 failed attempts to process your billing subscription will result in your store being Suspended & your customers prevented from ordering online. It is important you ensure your billing details are up-to-date & that you have sufficient funds in your account, for your chosen payment method.
Prior to updating this section in Mobi2Go, you may wish to contact your Payment gateway provider to create your own Payment gateway account and receive your personal credentials. This may take some time to process, so please keep this in mind.
To add/remove/update the store billing details in Mobi2Go:
- Log in to your Mobi2Go console
- From your Store Dashboard, click SETTINGS in the grey navigational pane
- On the Settings page, locate Payment Settings
- Next to Payment Settings, click EDIT
- Under Online Payments, from the drop-down select your Payment gateway (e.g. Mobi2Go Payments)
- Once selected, enter your account details on the right-hand side (this may include a username, password, API key, secret token etc.)
- Once you have filled in your details, click SAVE to submit your changes or click CANCEL to disregard any changes
- Congratulations, you're all ready to go!
Please refer to each Payment gateway specific article to see how to set up each integration correctly.
- If you are updating a Mobi2Go Payments account, please refer to our Help Centre article here.
Once the Payment gateway account has been set up, ensure the store is switched over to the new Payment gateway account on the day of the ownership change if possible.
If there is a late change over, then work out the value of disbursements that went to the previous owner after the change of ownership & the owners can sort it out between them.
Updating your Store Settings, menu & user access is imperative to ensure that any accounts or details linked to the old owner are removed or changed over to the new owner.
- To update Store settings, please refer to this article
- To remove old user account(s) & add new ones please refer to this article
- Check to ensure POS is unaffected with the ownership change
- Review any 3rd party integrations like Delivery apps & update details if required
- Check user notifications in Receiving orders & remove the old owner's email address
If you get stuck or need assistance with the ownership changeover, feel free to reach out to a member of our Support team & they will help you through the process.