Knowing how to send test orders through in Mobi2Go is an important part of successfully managing your online ordering configuration & ensuring your customers receive the experience they deserve.
There may be several scenarios where you need to send test orders, but the most common reasons are:
- Testing new items you have recently added to your menu
- Troubleshooting orders which have failed (Offline, Failed to Dispatch)
- Testing the integration prior to going live
Prior to sending a Test Order
Run through these checks to ensure your test orders print right away:
- Check your POS connection (If you have integrated Mobi2Go with your POS):
- Click SETTINGS in the grey navigational pane to go to your Store Settings
- In Settings, locate Receiving orders and click EDIT
- Scroll down & click CHECK CONNECTION. The connection between Mobi2Go & POS, needs to be established before your orders will go through to your POS
- Set orders to print immediately* (*Put this back when you're done testing!): In Settings, locate Receiving orders again & just under that heading, locate Scheduling. Check your store scheduling is set to Orders will be printed immediately
If the video is blurry when maximised, please click on the cog icon & then click on 720p or 1080p to change the resolution from Auto to 720p/1080p. Give it a few seconds & the video will clear up.
Sending a Test Order
- Access TEST MODE:
- From your Head Office Overview page, Click WEBSITE in the grey navigational pane
- Locate the Domain settings, and click the link next to Store URL.This link will take you to your online storefront, in Test Mode. In the url, you can see some extra text, which is your custom Test Order Key. This changes every 30 days, so ensure you always access Test Mode from your Settings page
- Tick the 'Test Order' box
- At this point, you can also select which menu to test.
- Create your order:
- On the storefront, create an account as if you were a customer. If you already have an account, you will just need to log in.
- Proceed to add products to your order
- Once you have finished click Next Step to process and confirm the order
3. Simulated Payment & Confirmation
- A prompt will appear - select your payment method
- You can simulate a credit card payment by using the following credit card details (The expiry can be any date in the future, and the CVV can be any 3 numbers - the Card number needs to match)
- The order should process successfully, and a confirmation email should be sent to the email address that the account was attached to
- If the order was not successful, please refer to this article to troubleshoot the order.
Depending on your POS configuration, you may not be able to use Pay on Pickup if the POS system is coded to only accept a card payment.