This article will guide you through the necessary information and links to create an Apple and Google developer accounts.
As of this year both Google and Apple have started enforcing identity protection of impersonation and intellectual property. In the past we have had you sign a waiver that allowed us to produce on your behalf, but having your own account will give you greater control.
Which step should I start with?
Have you enrolled in Apple Developer Program already?
- YES - Invite Mobi2Go
- NO - Do you have an Apple ID?
If you'd like an Android app, you'll also need to Create a Google Play Developer Account
Create an Apple ID
Using an existing email address associated with your company to create an Apple ID. We recommend using an email address that multiple people in the company can access, such as your support or info email. If you don’t have a company email address, please create one first.
- Go to this page to Create Your Apple ID
- Enter your company email in the form and fill out the rest. This email will be your new Apple ID. Apple will send important actions or decisions regarding your app to this email. Please make sure you have access and can check emails regularly.
- A 6-digit verification code is sent to you via email. Enter the code in the pop-up that opens. This code will expire three hours after the email was sent.
- Your Apple ID has been created. Please be aware that creating an Apple ID is not the same as creating an Apple Developer Account.
Enrol in the Program
Once your Apple ID is created, open the Apple Developer Program Enrolment Page.
- Click Start Your Enrolment and sign in with your new Apple ID.
- Read and agree to the Apple Developer Agreement. Click Submit.
- Now your Apple Developer program will open. Select the block Join the Apple Developer Program on the Welcome page and click Enrol on the next page.
- In the field “I develop apps as,” select Company/Organization as your Entity Type. Click Continue.
- Enter your Organization Information on the next screen and click continue.
- Select My organization has given me the authority… to have Apple contact a senior employee at your organization (instead of the owner/founder) to verify your enrolment. Enter that employee’s contact info in “Verification Contact.” Make sure to enter a phone number where Apple can reach you.
- Legal Entity Name
Your company name including the entity type, such as Inc., Corp., LLC, LC, Ltd. Co., etc.
- D-U-N-S® Number
You might be able to find your D-U-N-S number in Shopgate Admin under Native Apps → Apple Developer account or your profile picture (top right) → My Account. If this number is not available, you can look it up using the D-U-N-S Number lookup tool.
Your company website.
- Headquarters Phone Number - Enter a number where Apple can reach you.
Apple WILL call to verify your enrolment. If you are the owner/founder, make sure to enter a number where Apple can reach you.
- Your Work Email
Within the next two weeks, Apple will call the “Verification Contact” or your “Headquarters Phone Number” to verify your enrolment. Please be sure to notify the person who is going to answer the call.
Confirm and Pay
If the verification is successful, a confirmation will be sent to your Apple ID email address. In this confirmation email, a link will be provided to confirm and pay for your Apple Developer membership.
- In the email, click Review Now. This will open the "Review and Accept" screen of your Apple Developer Program Enrolment.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Accept the Apple Developer Program License Agreement by checking the box on the bottom of the page and click Continue.
- On the next screen, review your purchase details and select Automatic Renewal.
- If Automatic Renewal is not used, please set a reminder on your calendar (repeat yearly) to renew your membership every year. Your app will be removed from the App Store within 24 hours upon the expiration of your membership.
- You will now be forwarded to the App Store. Login again with the same Apple ID and password.
- On the next screen, pay $99 USD with your credit card and click Continue.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and click Continue. Follow the onscreen instructions until you see the "Thank you" page.
Now you have enrolled successfully in the Apple Developer Program. You will receive two welcome emails and a payment confirmation from Apple at your Apple ID email address within an hour or so.
You'll be notified at the email address associated with your Apple ID.
For us to build and release your app, please invite Mobi2Go as an admin in your App Store Connect.
- Log into your App Store Connect, click Users and Roles → on top of the Users list.
- The “Add App Store Connect user” page will open. Enter the User Information for Mobi2Go and click Next.
- First name: Mobi2Go
- Last Name: LIMITED
- Email: email@example.com
- Select Admin as the “User Role.”
- Place a check in the box for Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in the Developer Resources section and click Invite.
Please then email us with your Apple ID, Team Name, and Team ID. These can be found when logged into the Developer Account → Membership.
Now you’ve finished setting up your Developer Account! We will begin building your iOS app within a few days. You will get a confirmation from Apple once this process is complete.
For more information on the Apple Developer account, please visit Apple Developer Support. For questions about the enrolment process, please contact us.
Should I enrol as an individual or organization?
If your company is a corporation (Corp., Inc.), limited liability company (LLC, LC, Ltd. Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg, etc.), you must enrol as an organization or your app will be rejected.
Having an organizational membership with the Apple Developer Program gives you several advantages. For example, your company brand name will appear below the app name in the App Store, and you can invite additional developers to your team within your account.
However, if you are a sole proprietorship or a single person company, you must enrol as an individual.
Can I enrol as an individual and have my company appear as the seller on the App Store?
No. To have your company name appear as the seller, you must enrol as an organization and your company must be recognized as a legal entity. If you are a sole proprietor/single person business, you must join as an individual and your legal name will appear as the seller.
How does the enrolment work?
When enrolling as an organization, you can review the license agreement and purchase a membership after Apple Developer Support has verified your enrolment and sent you an email with the next steps. You can check your enrolment status in your Apple Developer Program. Be sure to sign in with the Apple ID you used to enrol.
Individuals and sole proprietors/single person businesses can review the license agreement and purchase a membership at the time of enrolment.
How much does a membership cost?
The Apple Developer Program membership is $99 per membership year in the United States and 99€ in Europe. This cost is the same for an individual membership and an organizational membership.
To provide a long-standing app, you must renew and pay for your membership every year.
Please note, while Apple requires a developer account. Google hasn’t required one yet. If you already have an App with us and no Google Developer Account, you don’t need to create one just yet! New clients should create one.
Create a Google Play Developer Account:
Note: There is a one-off registration fee of $25 USD.
If you don't already have one, you'll need to create a Google account for your brand.
- Go to this link;
- The information you’ll need to sign up is outlined here;
- Sign up and complete the registration for a Google Play Developer account;
- Give “firstname.lastname@example.org” Admin user access;
- Advise Mobi2Go once completed.
If you already have a Google Play Console Account.
- Sign in to Google Play Console;
- In the left pane, navigate Settings → Users and Permissions → Invite New User with this info:
- Email: email@example.com
- Access Expiry Date: Never
- Role: Administrator
Invitations to these accounts will need to be accepted promptly as the invitations are one use and time sensitive.