As of this year, Apple requires that apps built on behalf of a client are built in that client's developer account. This means that if you have an app with us or would like an app, you will need to create a Developer Account.
Both Google and Apple have started enforcing identity protection of impersonation and intellectual property. In the past we (Mobi2Go) have had you sign a waiver that allowed us to produce on your behalf.
Having your own account will give you greater control & allow us to provide a better experience for your customers, if updates are required down the track.
If you'd like an Android app, please refer to Create a Google Play Developer Account on this page.
Which step should I start with?
Have you enrolled in Apple Developer Program already?
- Please refer to Invite Mobi2Go
Do you have an Apple ID?
- YES - please refer to Enrol in the Program
- NO - please refer Create an Apple ID
If your company doesn't have a: Legal Entity Status or Website (and accessible email addresses that are associated with the domain eg. email@example.com ) that are outlined here. You may want to sign up for a personal account. We may at a later point need to convert your Personal Developer Membership to that of your organisation.
Use an existing email address associated with your company to create an Apple ID.
We recommend using an email address that multiple people in the company can access, such as a Support, Accounts or Info email address.
If you don’t have a company email address, please create one first.
- Go to this page to create your Apple ID
- Enter your company email in the form and fill out the rest. This email will be your new Apple ID. Apple will send important actions or decisions regarding your app to this email. Please make sure you have access and can check emails regularly
- A 6-digit verification code is sent to you via email. Enter the code in the pop-up that opens. This code will expire three hours after the email was sent
- Your Apple ID has now been created.
Please be aware that creating an Apple ID is not the same as creating an Apple Developer Account.
Once your Apple ID is created, open the Apple Developer Program Enrolment Page.
- Click Start Your Enrolment and sign in with your new Apple ID.
- Read and agree to the Apple Developer Agreement. Click Submit.
- Now your Apple Developer program will open. Select the block Join the Apple Developer Program >on the Welcome page and click Enrol on the next page.
- In the field “I develop apps as,” select Company/Organisation as your Entity Type. Click Continue.
- Enter your Organisation Information on the next screen. Click continue.
- Select My organisation has given me the authority… to have Apple contact a senior employee at your organisation (instead of the owner/founder) to verify your enrolment.
- Enter that employee’s contact info in Verification Contact. Make sure to enter a phone number where Apple can reach you
- Legal Entity Name - Your company name including the entity type, such as Inc., Corp., LLC, LC, Ltd. Co., etc.
- D-U-N-S® Number
- If this number is not available, you can look it up using the D-U-N-S Number lookup tool.
- Website - Your company website
- Headquarters Phone Number - Enter a number where Apple can reach you.
Apple WILL call to verify your enrolment. If you are the owner/founder, make sure to enter a number where Apple can reach you.
- Your Work Email
- Review your enrolment details on the next screen. If everything is correct click Submit.
Within the next two weeks, Apple will call the Verification Contact or your Headquarters Phone Number to verify your enrolment. Please be sure to notify the person who is going to answer the call.
If the verification is successful, a confirmation will be sent to your Apple ID email address. In this confirmation email, a link will be provided to confirm and pay for your Apple Developer membership.
- In the email, click Review Now. This will open the Review and Accept screen of your Apple Developer Program Enrolment
- Log in with your Apple ID and password
- Accept the Apple Developer Program License Agreement by checking the box on the bottom of the page and click Continue
- On the next screen, review your purchase details and select Automatic Renewal
- If Automatic Renewal is not used, please set a reminder on your calendar (repeat yearly) to renew your membership every year. Your app will be removed from the App Store within 24 hours upon the expiration of your membership
- You will now be forwarded to the App Store. Login again with the same Apple ID and password
- On the next screen, pay $99 USD with your credit card and click Continue
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and click Continue. Follow the onscreen instructions until you see the Thank you page
Congratulations! You have now enrolled successfully in the Apple Developer Program. You will receive two welcome emails and a payment confirmation from Apple at your Apple ID email address within an hour or so.
For us to build and release your app, please invite Mobi2Go as an admin in your App Store Connect.
- Log into your App Store Connect
- Click Users and Roles → on top of the Users list
- The Add App Store Connect user page will open. Enter the following User Information for Mobi2Go and click Next:
- First name: Mobi2Go
- Last Name: LIMITED
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select Admin as the “User Role.”
- Place a check in the box for Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in the Developer Resources section and click Invite.
Please then email us with your Apple ID, Team Name, and Team ID. These can be found when logged into the Developer Account → Membership.
Now you’ve finished setting up your Developer Account! We will begin building your iOS app within a few days. You will get a confirmation from Apple once this process is complete.
Should I enrol as an individual or organisation?
If your company is a corporation (Corp., Inc.), limited liability company (LLC, LC, Ltd. Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg, etc.), you must enrol as an organisation or your app will be rejected.
Having an organisational membership with the Apple Developer Program gives you several advantages. For example, your company brand name will appear below the app name in the App Store, and you can invite additional developers to your team within your account.
However, if you are a sole proprietorship or a single person company, you must enrol as an individual.
Can I enrol as an individual and have my company appear as the seller on the App Store?
No. To have your company name appear as the seller, you must enrol as an organisation and your company must be recognised as a legal entity. If you are a sole proprietor/single person business, you must join as an individual and your legal name will appear as the seller.
How does the enrolment work?
When enrolling as an organisation, you can review the license agreement and purchase a membership after Apple Developer Support has verified your enrolment and sent you an email with the next steps. You can check your enrolment status in your Apple Developer Program. Be sure to sign in with the Apple ID you used to enrol.
Individuals and sole proprietors/single person businesses can review the license agreement and purchase a membership at the time of enrolment.
How much does a membership cost?
The Apple Developer Program membership is $99 per membership year in the United States and 99€ in Europe. This cost is the same for an individual membership and an organisational membership.
To provide a long-standing app, you must renew and pay for your membership every year.
While Apple requires a developer account, Google hasn’t required one yet. If you already have an App with Mobi2Go and no Google Developer Account, you don’t need to create one just yet! However if you are a new user, we recommend that should create one.
If you don't already have one, you'll need to create a Google account for your brand, in order to develop an app.
There is a one-off registration fee of $25 USD.
- Go to this link
- The information you’ll need to sign up is outlined here
- Sign up and complete the registration for a Google Play Developer account
- Give “email@example.com” Admin user access
- Please advise Mobi2Go once this has been completed.
If you already have a Google Play Console Account:
- Sign in to Google Play Console
- In the left pane, navigate to Settings → Users and Permissions → Invite New User with this info:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access Expiry Date: Never
- Role: Administrator
Once these steps have been completed, please contact Mobi2Go.
Invitations to these accounts will need to be accepted promptly as the invitations are one use and time sensitive.
If you have already signed up as an Individual & would like to convert your account to a Company or Organisation Apple Developer account, please refer to this article.