Wait times are controlled at a store level, stores can set defaults for pick up and delivery times.
In some cases, stores may want to offer longer wait times when certain products take longer to prepare, or to deal with orders that are larger than usual. For those more complicated situations we have dynamic wait times.
Dynamic wait times can be customised in the menu or product level by using tags.
Menu level tags can be added by going to your Menu management go to menu, click on the desire menu and add it on the tag field.
Product level tag can be added by going to your Menu management go to product, click on the desire product and add it on the tag field.
Examples of dynamic wait times
1) The store’s pick up wait time is 20 minutes. Mains take 10 minutes each to make, so staff can comfortably make 2 but can’t make 5 of them. If a customer orders 5 mains and those products are tagged with wait-time-add-10m, then this means a calculated wait time of 50 minutes. We then take the max of the calculated wait time and the store’s pick up time, so in this case the order is placed with a 50 minute pick up time.
2) The store has a catering platter that needs 2 hours prep. If this product is tagged with wait-time-minimum-2h then the pick up time will be at least 2 hours. This isn’t cumulative, so if the customer orders 2 of these products, the wait time is still at least 2 hours.
3) Very large orders really can’t be done that day. The store’s menu is tagged with wait-time-minimum-next-day-if-at-least-500 so if an order is over $500 then this pushes the order to tomorrow.
4) The store has a catering menu and an express menu. Catering orders are need to be 48 hours in advance so that menu is tagged with wait-time-minimum-48h.
Full list of dynamic wait time tags
- wait-time-add-Xm - add X minutes per product to the calculated wait time.
- wait-time-add-Xh - add X hours per product to the calculated wait time.
- wait-time-add-Xh-if-at-least-Y - add X hours to the calculated wait time if the order is over Y dollars in value.
- wait-time-minimum-Xm - ensure the wait time is at minimum X minutes.
- wait-time-minimum-Xh - ensure the wait time is at minimum X hours.
- wait-time-minimum-next-day - ensure orders can only be placed for the start of the next day.
- wait-time-minimum-next-day-if-after-Y - ensure orders can only be placed for the start of the next day if the current time is after Y time (format is 13:00 for 1pm).
- wait-time-minimum-Xh-if-at-least-Y - ensure the wait time is at minimum X hours if the order is over Y dollars in value.