Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing platforms out there. There are a number of companies with Mobi2Go, who use it to identify & contact their customers with their latest news, vouchers & specials.
Previously we haven't made it the best experience to use both Mobi2Go & Mailchimp. Marketing staff had to manually export their customers to a CSV file from their Mobi2Go Sales page, and then upload that same CSV into Mailchimp, before mapping the columns in the spreadsheet to the columns in their customer details. What a mare - day or night.
This Add-on can only be enabled at a Head Office level, not at an individual store location level. If you are at a store level & would like this for the company/brand, please contact your Company Administrator or please contact our Support team.
With our new Mailchimp integration, every time a customer joins your brand or updates their details, we sync that data with Mailchimp so you get real-time updates to your mailing list.
This covers the basic account details:
- First name
- Last name
- Marketing opt in
And it can update your loyalty club details too!
- Favourite store
- Post code
This is all defined by the mappings in the Head Office Add-ons settings which our Mobi2Go Support team will assist in setting up.
How to enable Mailchimp in Mobi2Go
Find your API key in Mailchimp
- Sign-up for a Mailchimp account (if you don't already have one)
- From your main dashboard in Mailchimp, in the top right-hand corner next to Help, click on your your name
- A drop-down list will appear. Locate & click on Account from the menu
- You will be taken to the company account Overview page
- Locate the Extras tab & click on it, to reveal another drop-down menu
- Locate & click & on API Keys
- On the API Keys page, scroll down to Your API Keys
- Underneath the listed keys, click Create A Key
- The page will refresh. Scroll down to Your API Keys again & in the API key column of the new key you generated (should be at the very bottom) select/highlight the key in the field
- Copy the API key & paste into a temporary location (e.g. Notepad, Word document etc.)
- For easy identification we suggest that you add a label to your API key (e.g. Mobi2Go) in the list.
For more information on how to locate & create an API keys in Mailchimp, please refer to their Help Centre article here.
If the API key does not work & does not pull the Audience list into Mobi2Go, we may need you to generate a new API key in Mailchimp, as this could be due to the key expiring.
Add your API key to Mobi2Go
In order for you to complete the Mailchimp - Mobi2Go integration, the setup will need to be completed by a member of our Mobi2Go Support team.
Please contact our awesome Support team & provide the following information:
- Mailchimp API Key
- The preferred Audience list
Once they have been provided with the data, they will activate the Add-on at a Head Office level & will map data in Mailchimp with the following fields.
💥 The magic is performed, the 2 services are linked & boom, a digital marketing solution for your digital ordering solution!
An Audience list must be created in Mailchimp, prior to enabling the integration in Mobi2Go. If you need help creating an Audience in Mailchimp or would like further information about Audiences, please check out this article from the Mailchimp Help Centre.