Apple requires that apps built on behalf of a client are built in that client's developer account. This means if you have an app or would like an app, you will need to create a Developer Account.
If you wish to publish an iOS app for your business, you are required to enrol in the Apple Developer Program as a company or organisation.
Enrolling is a 2-part process. The first part requires you to Create an Apple ID, and Sign up for a D-U-N-S Number. If you have not yet done that please head to the following page for instructions on how to do so: Enrol in the Apple Developer Program as an Company or Organisation (Part 1)
- Step 1. Create an Apple ID
- Step 2. Sign up for D-U-N-S
- Step 1. Enrol in the Program
- Step 2. Confirm & Pay
- Step 3. Invite us!
Step 1. Enrol in the Program
- Click Start Your Enrolment and sign in with your new Apple ID
- Read and agree to the Apple Developer Agreement. Click Submit
- Now your Apple Developer Program will open. Select the block Join the Apple Developer Program on the Welcome page and click Enrol on the next page
- In the field I develop apps as, select Company/Organisation as your Entity Type. Click Continue
- Enter your Organisation Information on the next screen and click Continue
- Select My organisation has given me the authority... to have Apple contact a senior employee at your organisation (instead of the owner/founder) to verify your enrolment
- Enter that employee's contact info in Verification Contact. (Make sure to enter a phone number where Apple can reach you or the contact.)
- Legal Entity Name - Your company name including the entity type, such as Inc., Corp., LLC, LC, Ltd. Co., etc.
- D-U-N-S® Number - If this number is not available, you can look it up using the D-U-N-S Number lookup tool
- Website - Your company website
- Headquarters Phone Number - Enter a number where Apple can reach you. Apple will call to verify your enrolment. If you are the owner/founder, make sure to enter a number where Apple can reach you
- Your Work Email - A valid email address that is checked regularly, in-case any emails are sent from Apple that need to be actioned
- Review your enrolment details on the next screen. If everything is correct, click Submit.
Within the next two weeks, Apple will call the Verification Contact or your Headquarters Phone Number to verify your enrolment. Please make sure to notify the person who is going to answer the call.
Step 2. Confirm & Pay
If the verification is successful, a confirmation email will be sent to your Apple ID email address. In this confirmation email, a link will be provided to confirm and pay for your Apple Developer membership.
- In the email, click Review Now. This will open the "Review and Accept" screen of your Apple Developer Program Enrolment
- Log in with your Apple ID and password
- Accept the Apple Developer Program License Agreement by checking the box on the bottom of the page and clicking Continue
- On the next screen, review your purchase details and select Automatic Renewal
- If Automatic Renewal is not used, please set a reminder on your calendar (repeat yearly) to renew your membership every year. (Your app will be removed from the App Store within 24 hours upon the expiration of your membership.)
- You will now be forwarded to the App Store. Log in again with the same Apple ID and password
- On the next screen, pay $99 USD with your credit card and click Continue
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and click Continue. Follow the onscreen instructions until you see the "Thank you" page.
You have now enrolled successfully in the Apple Developer Program.
You will receive two welcome emails and a payment confirmation from Apple at your Apple ID email address within an hour or so.
- You'll be notified at the email address associated with your Apple ID.
If you haven't received the email from Apple after two weeks, please remember to check your Junk mail folder, just in-case.
Step 3. Invite us!
For us to build and release your app, please invite MOBI as an admin in your App Store Connect.
- Log into your App Store Connect
- Click Users and Roles → on top of the Users list
- The Add App Store Connect user page will open. Enter the following User Information for Mobi2Go and click Next:
- First name: Mobi2Go
- Last Name: LIMITED
- Email: email@example.com
- Select Admin as the “User Role.”
- Place a check in the box for Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles in the Developer Resources section and click Invite.
Please then email us with your Apple ID, Team Name, and Team ID. These can be found when logged into the Developer Account → Membership.
Now you’ve finished setting up your Developer Account and we can begin building your iOS app. You will get a confirmation from Apple once this process is complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I enrol as an individual or organisation?
If your company is a corporation (Corp., Inc.), limited liability company (LLC, LC, Ltd. Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg, etc.), you must enrol as an organisation or your app will be rejected.
Having an organisational membership with the Apple Developer Program gives you several advantages. For example, your company brand name will appear below the app name in the App Store, and you can invite additional developers to your team within your account.
However, if you are a sole proprietorship or a single person company, you must enrol as an individual.
Can I enrol as an individual and have my company appear as the seller on the App Store?
No. To have your company name appear as the seller, you must enrol as an organisation and your company must be recognised as a legal entity. If you are a sole proprietor/single person business, you must join as an individual and your legal name will appear as the seller.
How does the enrolment work?
When enrolling as an organisation, you can review the license agreement and purchase a membership after Apple Developer Support has verified your enrolment and sent you an email with the next steps. You can check your enrolment status in your Apple Developer Program. Be sure to sign in with the Apple ID you used to enrol.
Individuals and sole proprietors/single person businesses can review the license agreement and purchase a membership at the time of enrolment.
How much does a membership cost?
The Apple Developer Program membership is $99 per membership year in the United States and 99€ in Europe. This cost is the same for an individual membership and an organisational membership.
To provide a long-standing app, you must renew and pay for your membership every year.
What should I do if I can't find my D-U-N-S number?
If your company is not listed here, you can submit your information to Dun & Bradstreet for a free D-U-N-S Number. You will be asked for the following information when requesting a D-U-N-S Number using the D-U-N-S Number lookup tool:
- Legal entity name
- Headquarters address
- Mailing address
- Your work contact information
As part of their verification process, a D&B representative may contact you for more information (e.g. type of business, the number of employees.) Please have your business registration documents ready.
If you would like more information on signing up for an Apple Developer account, please refer to this article.