Idealpos is an Australian owned & developed complete point of sale system that is suitable for a range of different hospitality businesses including restaurants, quick service/fast food, cafes & bars.
Mobi2Go integrates directly to your Idealpos POS system. That means, orders will be automatically sent to your POS, registered for reporting purposes & automatically print using your existing in-store POS printer.
POS dispatchers like Idealpos are setup at a Store level, not via a Head Office level. However to Import a Menu you will need to do so via Head Office level, as menu changes can only be completed at the Head Office level. If you are at a Store location & need a Menu Import, please contact your Company Administrator or feel free to contact our Support team.
To ensure you have completed your Idealpos integration into Mobi2Go, check out these resources:
- Set up Idealpos in Mobi2Go - get started with setting up your Idealpos integration with Mobi2Go
- Idealpos Connection details - the connection details from Idealpos required for the Mobi2Go integration to work
- Import your Menu from Idealpos - refer to the article below to find out how you can bring your Idealpos menu across
For an Idealpos Menu Import you will need the Department & Stock exports (in CSV form) from POS. Ensure these have been exported & are saved in a readily available location, so you don't have to worry about exporting them during the import process.
Export from Idealpos
- Go to Utilities > Export > Stock items
- At the top, select specific fields by range & click include Headers
- Below in the Export Specific Fields by Range Section, select CODE, PRICE1 & DESCRIPTION in the first 3 squares
- Below that you will also see range boxes. You can select a range of items (if you only want to export new ones)
- You can find the stock item code range of the items (or if its easier, select the Department of the items you want to export)
- Once you're done, click OK down below & save the file as [filename].csv (the .csv bit is important)
- Once the file has download, open the CSV file on your computer
- You’ll see the names of all menu items & the PLU code can be copied from the Code column
- Copy the number from the code column and enter this into the PLU field when creating item on your Mobi2Go Menu Editor
If you are unsure of how to export this data, please check out Idealpos Support's User Guide.
Please ensure you follow the steps for Stock Items & Departments NOT Stock Item Sales & Department Sales
Import your Menu
- From the Head Office Dashboard click MENU from the grey navigational pane
- In the Menu Editor, locate & click on the Go to Menu Importer hyperlink (to the right-hand side)
- This will take you to the Menu Importer page
- To the right of the heading Source, click on the drop-down menu that says JSON/CSV to reveal other import options
- Select POS System from the drop-down
- The view below will change. Under Source, click on Select Location to reveal all of the stores within the company/head office that have the POS Import ability
- Select the Store from the drop-down menu, that you will be importing the menu from
- With Idealpos you will see 2 options available, below the location selection; Upload IdealPos Department export & Upload IdealPos Stock export
- The way the menu import works is via exports from Idealpos (Department & Stock CSVs) imported into the Menu Editor
- Ensure your exports are ready to go; click on Choose file below Upload IdealPos Department export
- This will display an Open window to locate your CSV export. Once the file has been selected, click Open
- Repeat the same for Upload IdealPos Stock export on the right-hand side; select the CSV export from the Open pop-up & click Open
- Click Import From POS. Depending on the number of items this may take a while
- Once the initial Import is finished you will see a list of Products & Modifiers
- The system will also prompt you to set a Menu name, under the Menu heading. Title your menu something relevant e.g. Idealpos Import 15-Sep-19 or Spring Menu 2019
- At this point you can also manually un-flag items you do not want to import for your online ordering menu (e.g. CSV header/titles)
- Click the IMPORT button at the bottom of the page to submit the changes. (Again, depending on the number of items this may take awhile.)
- Once the menu has finished importing, a message will display providing a summary of what was imported & how many of those items were imported
- This will create a menu with your chosen menu name (which can be changed later).
If you do not click IMPORT at the bottom of the page & you leave the page after loading the items from POS, you will lose the items imported. IMPORT at the bottom of the page is essentially the same as SAVE at the bottom of other pages so, save a headache now & always scroll down.
Set the Menu for your Store
- Log into your Mobi2Go store account
- From the Store Dashboard click SETTINGS from the grey navigational pane
- On the Settings page locate General settings
- Next to the General settings heading, click EDIT
- In General Settings under the Store information heading, locate Menus
- Select/highlight the correct menu(s) that you would like to use
- At the bottom of the page, click SAVE to submit your changes
- To disregard any changes made, click CANCEL
If the video is blurry when maximised, please click on the cog icon & then click on 720p or 1080p to change the resolution from Auto to 720p/1080p. Give it a few seconds & the video will clear up.
To select multiple menus (e.g. Lunch menu & Dinner menu) hold CTRL for Windows (CMD for Mac) & click the other menu(s) that you would like to make active. Multiple menus will be highlighted. Click SAVE to submit the changes, making multiple menus active on your storefront.