Ordering with friends has never been easier. Using MOBI’s new Tabs feature, customers can start a tab for themselves and place multiple orders, and only pay once at the end. Not only that, if users are with a group, the tab owner can share their unique code with everyone at the table. This allows guests to order simultaneously from their own devices, while keeping the payment all on one card - the tab owner's card.
- Order what they want, when they want
- Ordering from their own devices on a single tab is more efficient
- Multiple guests, one simple payment
- Customers can easily order more than once in a sitting
- Freedom to set limits on the tab
- Covid-19 friendly
- Reduced staffing requirements
- Guaranteed payment
- Allows staff to focus on the guest experience
- Potential higher average order value
- Covid-19 friendly
How it works
Ordering Through Tabs
- Guests can start a tab immediately after scanning your QR code, or after they’ve added their order to their cart. At whichever stage customers choose to start a tab, they will be prompted to enter their payment card details and set a tab limit. To invite other guests to join the tab they can share their unique Tab Code. Tab Codes can be shared by reading aloud or shared in a message to friends. Once guests have joined a tab, they can order at their leisure and know everything will be billed back to the Tab owners card.
- Tab owners can see when they’re approaching the tab limit, then they can either top it up or close out. If they choose to, tab owners can use more than one card to top up the tab.
- When guests are finished, they can manually close the tab. If guests forget to close their tab, it’s no stress on them or you! We will automatically close idle tabs after 2 hours of inactivity.
Payment of Tabs
- Tabs are safe, with full payment guaranteed! When a guest starts a Tab, they will enter their card details along with a limit for the tab. MOBI’s technology will then automatically hold this amount on their card until the tab is closed.
- The customer will be charged a single transaction matching the final amount of their spend, the remaining hold will be removed over the next 1-3 business days (timeframes depend on users bank).
- The Tab can be increased using more than one card. This is a great option if multiple people want to contribute to parts of the tab. Note: cards will be charged in the order they are added.
If you already have table ordering set up with MOBI, Tabs will work with your existing POS provider. You’ll also need to be set up for MOBI Payments. If you have questions about the set-up requirements or you’re ready to get started, reach out to our MOBI Support team today at firstname.lastname@example.org.